- About Us
- Opening Hours
- Floor Plans
- Social Media
- Admission to the Library
- Creative projects in the Library
- Library Festivals
- Media Coverage Bibliography
- New Library Building
- Services & Facilities
- Academic Staff Services
- Access to Other Libraries
- Additional Support for Students registered with the Access Office
- Inter-Library Loans
- PCs and Laptops
- Printing & Photocopying
- Electronic Resources
- Subject Help
- Adult Education
- Ancient Classics
- Applied Social Studies
- Celtic Studies - Gaeilge
- Chinese Studies
- Computer Science
- Electronic Engineering
- Experimental Physics
- Mathematical Physics
- Media Studies
- Official Publications
- Return to Learning
- Russell Library
- Guides to catalogues
- Planning your research visit
- Teaching and teaching support
- Useful links and resources
- Online Tutorials
What are Official Publications?
Official Publications are legislative documents, policy documents, discussion documents, statistics and reports produced by central governments, their departments and organisations.
Official Publications Collections
The print collection consists of Irish Government Publications and a small collection of 20th century British Parliamentary papers, all shelved on level 3 in the John Paul II Library. The Library also holds a collection of earlier British government publications, mainly 19th century which are stored offsite.
A wide range of Official Publications are available electronically via the Official Publications page including a complete archive of Irish and UK statute law, Irish and UK case law, and European Union case law and legislation.
Irish Official Publications
This collection includes some documents published by the Stationery Office since 1976.
They are shelved on open access on level 3.
- Dáil Éireann Parliamentary Debates
- Central Statistics Office
- Statutory Instruments, current year only.
- Iris Oifigiúi, current year only.
- Bills, current year only.
- Acts, current year only.
- Seanad Éireann Parliamentary Debates
- Parliamentary Publications
- Dáil Éireann Reports
- Oireachtas Reports
- Parliamentary Debates – Select/Joint Committees
Previous years of Irish Official Publications are available electronically via the Official Publications page.
Locating and borrowing Official Publications
The library catalogue lists official publications held in the Library, and their location.
Links to key websites for Canadian, European and UK Official Publications.
Last edited: 26 August, 2010 - 18:18